Home SheShe Made Site Custom Orders Fonts Model Monday Our Work SheShe Made on Facebook

Friday, May 7, 2010

Popular Baby Names according to the Monogram Industry

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner

Kelly's Korner is doing a link up on Baby Names. I thought it was funny because I had already planned on doing a post today about Names in regards to the "monogramming industry". It's funny because I feel like I can tell you hands down the most popular names for specific ages, just based on what we sell and in what sizes. Here is what I mean...
For A-Line dresses, which are more for the toddler girls, the names we see over and over are the following:
-Madison
-McKenzie
-Avery
-Audrey
-Kaylee, Kayleigh, Katelynn
-Emma
-Kinley, Kinsey
-Grace

For the Initial Butt Onesies, which are for babies obviously, the names we see most frequently are the following:
-Ava (go figure)
-Lilly, Lily, Lillie
-Layla, Laila
-anything Kate...Sarah Kate, Molly Kate, Jilian Kate, Ella Kate, Anna Kate

For the boys, the names we see mostly are the following:
-Brayden
-Henry
-Jude
-Noah
-Luke
-Grayson

Names I've seen that are different but I love:
-Marlowe
-Poppy
-Paisley
-Mirabelle

And for the TOP THREE NAMES that we see at least 3 times a month:
Ellie
Ella
Bella

Isn't that funny?!?!? They are very similar names and those are the top 3 without a doubt. So, if you are having a girl or hope to have a girl, and you are crazy for monogrammed clothing, and would prefer hand me downs to cut down on costs....these are great name choices for you. Haha!!

As for my name preference, we, (clearing throat) I mean I, have had my heart set on Ava since Reese Witherspoon named her daughter that back like 10 years ago. I just loved it and thought it was beautiful and not very common. Well, of course it became very popular but I had already made up my mind and if you know me, once I have my mind made up, that's the way it goes...
We named her Ava Joyce because my mom, grandmother, and great grandmother all had the middle name of Joyce. I wanted to carry on the Joyce torch and thought it was a great way to honor three wonderful women.

When it comes to boys...we have no idea! We never agreed on anything other than a middle name of Richard since it was Aaron's dad's name. And to this day we don't even really talk about boy names. We always talk about girl names. You see, Aaron has his mind made up that we are only having girls and he is going to be just like Charles (is that his name??) Engles.
Our girl names are Anna Lake, Violet Lake, Anna Belle (Aaron's mom's middle name is Belle), Piper Hope, and Annalee Hope. But none of those I am dead set on. We would love to stick with the "A" names and also prefer for the name to be not so long since our last name is long. So who knows!!!

Names are just so fun.
So are weekends.
Hope you have a great one!!

Happy Mother's Day to all you beautiful mothers out there!!!!!!!!
blog comments powered by Disqus


SheShe Made




My photo
Ft. Worth, Texas
After having my girly girl in April of 08, and spending oodles of money on one of a kind boutique, monogrammed clothing (with hairbows to match), I decided it was time to learn this trade myself before I went broke! I learned how to sew, embroider, and make hairbows in a matter of 3 months. What started as a hobby has turned into a dream come true. I quit my job as a teacher and now work from home when the little one sleeps. My life as a mommy and a boutique clothing designer/manufacturer/monogrammer is truly the best of both worlds!! I have big dreams for the future of my family and the future of SheShe Made. Thanks for joining me as I blog about the journey. Let me know if there is a bow or outfit you'd like custom made for you! Email me at sheshebows@yahoo.com and thanks for stopping by!




Photobucket

Designed By:

Visitors

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved