Home SheShe Made Site Custom Orders Fonts Model Monday Our Work SheShe Made on Facebook

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I must be crazy!

I must be crazy.
I told you all that hubby gave me money for a trip to Sea World for Mother's Day.
Well, that trip is coming to fruition in three days.
Just Ava and me.
In the car.
For at least 4 hours.
I must be crazy.
We are staying with a good friend/sorority sister of mine from TCU, and hub is super busy this time of year and can't take off work, so this is jsut how it has to be.
So, before I talk myself out of traveling alone with her, I was wondering if you had any tips, advice, scripture, herbs, magic tricks, etc. to share???
Ava is a great kid.
But she has very little patience.
She gets antsy super fast.
And she doesn't sleep in the car unless she is wiped completely out.
I plan to leave just around nap time.
Is that a bad idea? I'm hoping that EVENTUALLY she will fall asleep.
And we have a DVD player in our car so that will work for about 35 minutes.
But what about the other two hours?

Here are my specific questions for all you mommies out there that have FAR MORE expertise than me.
-Is leaving at nap time a good or bad idea?
-What kind of fun things (games, toys, bag of things) are suitable for a new 2 year old? She isn't really into toys much, esp. in the car. That's the only problem.
-Should we take a few stops along the way to let her out and stretch/run/skip/whatever or just try to go as far as possible and only stop when necessary?
-Just how much benedryl can I give a 32 lb. 2 year old?

Just kidding about that last question...
I am excited about our weekend and we are so blessed to be able to do fun things for Ava such as this. And I know it will be much more difficult with more children, so I need to make the most of it and not sweat the small things. If only my type A personality worked like that!

Thanks in advance for your tips!!!
blog comments powered by Disqus


SheShe Made




My photo
Ft. Worth, Texas
After having my girly girl in April of 08, and spending oodles of money on one of a kind boutique, monogrammed clothing (with hairbows to match), I decided it was time to learn this trade myself before I went broke! I learned how to sew, embroider, and make hairbows in a matter of 3 months. What started as a hobby has turned into a dream come true. I quit my job as a teacher and now work from home when the little one sleeps. My life as a mommy and a boutique clothing designer/manufacturer/monogrammer is truly the best of both worlds!! I have big dreams for the future of my family and the future of SheShe Made. Thanks for joining me as I blog about the journey. Let me know if there is a bow or outfit you'd like custom made for you! Email me at sheshebows@yahoo.com and thanks for stopping by!




Photobucket

Designed By:

Visitors

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved