Home SheShe Made Site Custom Orders Fonts Model Monday Our Work SheShe Made on Facebook

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Homegrown Goodness

A few weeks ago we went out to the farm to visit MeeMaw. Ava asks about her all the time so we try to get out there as often as we can. I know MeeMaw will not be around for most of Ava's childhood as she is in her 90's. So, this time is precious to us and we are thankful for the memories Ava gets to make while time allows. 

Ava found some snacks in the pantry. Nothing like some "blue chips" (Ava's favorite) and cranberry juice, huh?


After her snack, Ava wanted to go for a ride on the golf cart. We were in for a treat on this particular golf cart ride, because LOTS of vegetables were ready to be picked! 
We started with the cornfield!
Ava was enthralled with the "really tall weeds". And even more so when she learned that these weeds had corn growing on them!
Dad showed her how to pick it, and they both enjoyed scoping out the best looking husks. 

                                 


Looks like she found a winner!!

Doesn't she look like a fancy corn picker? I had no idea we would be out in cornfields and vegetable gardens or else I probably would have dressed her in overalls and rain boots. Haha!

I didn't get pictures of the vegetable garden, but here is out loot! We got enough corn and red potatoes for an army, onions, squash, and peppers.

Doesn't get more homegrown and fresh than this. We were so excited! 


Talking on our squash phones. 
I also noticed pumpkins and gourds were just beginning to grow too! More great things to pick in the fall! I can't believe I've been out to the farm all these years we've been married  (all 5 of them. that is A LOT. ha!) and NEVER realized all the great veggies that were being grown.

I was super pumped to get home and cook up all the veggies. We cheated and stopped by the store for some okra. We wanted fried okra with our other veggies. Just seemed like a Texas necessity, ya know?  


It was one of our top three favorite meals and I am so excited we have tons more in the freezer so that I can cook up this meal again SOON! This day at the farm was most definitely one that will never be forgotten.

1 comment:



SheShe Made




My photo
Ft. Worth, Texas
After having my girly girl in April of 08, and spending oodles of money on one of a kind boutique, monogrammed clothing (with hairbows to match), I decided it was time to learn this trade myself before I went broke! I learned how to sew, embroider, and make hairbows in a matter of 3 months. What started as a hobby has turned into a dream come true. I quit my job as a teacher and now work from home when the little one sleeps. My life as a mommy and a boutique clothing designer/manufacturer/monogrammer is truly the best of both worlds!! I have big dreams for the future of my family and the future of SheShe Made. Thanks for joining me as I blog about the journey. Let me know if there is a bow or outfit you'd like custom made for you! Email me at sheshebows@yahoo.com and thanks for stopping by!




Photobucket

Designed By:

Visitors

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved