Home SheShe Made Site Custom Orders Fonts Model Monday Our Work SheShe Made on Facebook

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Farm

This past weekend we went out to see Aaron's grandparents at "The Farm".
Let's first talk about the fact that BOTH of his grandparents are still living and are about to celebrate their 75th wedding anniversary.
WOW!!
Not many people make it to 75 months these days.
They are both in their early 90's and still kickin it like fresh young chickens.
With walkers, of course.
Ava loves to go see MeMaw and Pappoo.
We always go out there after church and we bring Spring Creek Barbeque.
Ava and I waited in the car while daddy got the food to go.


Ava sitting on Pappoo's lap.

And MeMaw's lap as well.

Everyone getting their grub on.

It might appear that Ava has poor table manners as she is standing in her chair rather than sitting. But let me assure you she proved to be a little lady while we were eating. She acccidentally burped and had the biggest surprised face following that utterance, then she begged to be pardoned by the entire table! It went like this...
"Scuss me (excuse me) Mommy"
"Scuss me daddy"
"Scuss me MeMaw"
"Scuss me Auntay"
"Scuss me EE-quin (uncle Ian)"
"Scuss me Pappoo"
"Ava bupped. I sooooo sorry."

It was the funniest thing EVER!!!

The ladies cleaned up after lunch while the boys (and Ava) went on a golf cart drive around the farm.

We visited for a little while and then took some family pics for fun.

I love visiting and seeing all the vegetables and fruit they have growing in their garden. On Sunday they had cantelope and pumpkins growing (I think) and all the corn had been cut down. Last time we visited we played "hide and seek" in the corn field....Children of the Corn style, too. Or not.
Ava was getting a little onery so we cut our visit just in time for nap.
She was so sweet giving lots of hugs on our way out though. She is the sweetest little booger!

We treasure our visits with the grandparents and hope there are many more to come!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment



SheShe Made




My photo
Ft. Worth, Texas
After having my girly girl in April of 08, and spending oodles of money on one of a kind boutique, monogrammed clothing (with hairbows to match), I decided it was time to learn this trade myself before I went broke! I learned how to sew, embroider, and make hairbows in a matter of 3 months. What started as a hobby has turned into a dream come true. I quit my job as a teacher and now work from home when the little one sleeps. My life as a mommy and a boutique clothing designer/manufacturer/monogrammer is truly the best of both worlds!! I have big dreams for the future of my family and the future of SheShe Made. Thanks for joining me as I blog about the journey. Let me know if there is a bow or outfit you'd like custom made for you! Email me at sheshebows@yahoo.com and thanks for stopping by!




Photobucket

Designed By:

Visitors

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved