Home SheShe Made Site Custom Orders Fonts Model Monday Our Work SheShe Made on Facebook

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Introducing baby Judd


Judd Richard
October 28
born at 12:46 pm
8 lbs and 6 oz
21 inches long
Judd's Birth Story:
Judd was born via repeat c section on Friday afternoon. We dropped Ava off at museum school, checked in the hospital, and everything went smoothly the entire day.

 I walked into the OR and sat on the operating table and was getting fairly anxious, which is unusual for me. I am a high strung person, yes, but I was mostly excited to have Judd be born, up until the epidural/spinal. When they told me to arch my back and suck in my stomach (which, by the way, is a funny thought considering I was huge pregnant) I was getting soooo nervous. The whole procedure of an epidural is freaky. I was thinking to myself "I just want out of this. Maybe I should try to labor." Then I thought "I guess either way it's not gonna be fun. There is no easy way out." Well, that thought alone made me quite anxious. The thoughts of "what if I'm not numb, what if I have lots of scar tissue, etc. etc." ran through my head.
But within minutes I was completely numb and ready to go! Judd came out with a precious little cry and I heard the doctor and nurses discussing what a cute baby he was. Melt my momma heart!
They put him on the warmer and assessed/cleaned him while Aaron talked to him. He knew Aaron's voice instantly. Then I started talking to him and I kid you not, he turned his head all around looking for my voice. I cried like a baby.

my doctor with Judd

What a precious, amazing miracle. He was so alert, a beautiful shade of pink, and just as sweet as could be. I was ready to be out of that operating room and able to hold my baby. As soon as they stitched me up they put Judd in my arms and wheeled us to the recovery room. We had an hour to ourselves, just as a family of four, and for me to nurse him before he had a bath.

Ava came in and was so quiet. She said "Mommy, he isn't in your belly anymore. He is here! We have to be very gentle to him." She was smitten at first glance.

The hospital stay was actually SO NICE! I didn't want to go home and would be lying if I told you I haven't had one meltdown involving wanting to go back to the hospital. The nurses were amazing and the food was so good this time. I am so serious!



But, coming home day was wonderful. We were excited to show Judd his new home and the adjustment has been rather smooth. My mom stayed with us the first week and saved our lives. She was wonderful!!! She cooked, cleaned, and got up with me during the feedings. Aaron has been so great, too! He has been sleeping with Ava since he works and I don't want to wake him all night with feedings. Ava thinks it's pretty cool to have dad in her room at night! Talk about slumber party time!!
Ava has been awesome with the adjustment. She loves holding her brudder and petting his head! I have a feeling I am going to love the age difference between them. She is so helpful!
Thanks for all of the prayers and love/support during the days leading up and day of his birth.


6 comments:

  1. he is so beautiful, and I love the story of Ava saying "we have to be very gentle to him" DARLING!
    congratulations ashley! I am so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so pretty and your baby boy is just precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, and such a sweet baby. I'm so glad his story is perfect - just like him... and that Ava is adjusting so well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing Judd's arrival story!!

    And I love Ava's comment when she came to meet him, so sweet!

    Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. COngrats! He is SO precious and Ava is SOOOO dern cute as usual!

    ReplyDelete



SheShe Made




My photo
Ft. Worth, Texas
After having my girly girl in April of 08, and spending oodles of money on one of a kind boutique, monogrammed clothing (with hairbows to match), I decided it was time to learn this trade myself before I went broke! I learned how to sew, embroider, and make hairbows in a matter of 3 months. What started as a hobby has turned into a dream come true. I quit my job as a teacher and now work from home when the little one sleeps. My life as a mommy and a boutique clothing designer/manufacturer/monogrammer is truly the best of both worlds!! I have big dreams for the future of my family and the future of SheShe Made. Thanks for joining me as I blog about the journey. Let me know if there is a bow or outfit you'd like custom made for you! Email me at sheshebows@yahoo.com and thanks for stopping by!




Photobucket

Designed By:

Visitors

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved