Home SheShe Made Site Custom Orders Fonts Model Monday Our Work SheShe Made on Facebook

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Winter Wonderland

So, today was a rather CRAZY day here in North Texas! For the first time in 30 YEARS we had the most amazing snowfall I have ever witnessed....since I am a little shy of 30 years old, and all. It was incredible. So far we are at 7 inches and it is supposed to snow until midnight.
I took Ava outside right away and told her about the snow. She called it "SO".

I love these pics of her because Ava is just like her mom in that she is very stoic and I can already tell that she has some quit wit and has a dry sense of humor. So, she looks annoyed, but it's not the case. She just doesn't get too excited about much...unless it's cheetos or a lollipop!

Another sad truth is she is too young to appreciate it. But she loved talking about it! I decided to go over to my mom's house (since Aaron was still at work), to have some snowball fights with my 6 year old nephew. I knew he'd appreciate it! I'm still such a kid.

We then went home and I decided that I wanted to build a snowman because I knew Ava would love to look out the window and obsess over the "man" (she loves the word man for some reason). HA HA! So, I took her out to get it started, and when she realized she couldn't really walk around in the 7 inches, she was not very happy about it. Anything slowing her down is SO NOT COOL!
So...inside we went and I continued the building when Aaron got home from work. Here is the finished snowman!

It even has rhinestones for buttons and a rickrack nose! Ava was very excited about the "so-man". She would sit in the window sill all night and say "hiiii seet so-man" (hi sweet snowman).
sidenote: I have on about 3 layers of clothes and that cap on my head is barely hanging on so I look rather um frightening.

And on to the last adventure...snow ice cream! It was yummy!! Aaron thought I was crazy since he had never heard of it before. He was pleasantly surprised. I thought it tasted just like a wedding cake snowcone.


So, all in all it was just a wonderful day and I can't believe we actually had this winter wonderland in Texas!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment



SheShe Made




My photo
Ft. Worth, Texas
After having my girly girl in April of 08, and spending oodles of money on one of a kind boutique, monogrammed clothing (with hairbows to match), I decided it was time to learn this trade myself before I went broke! I learned how to sew, embroider, and make hairbows in a matter of 3 months. What started as a hobby has turned into a dream come true. I quit my job as a teacher and now work from home when the little one sleeps. My life as a mommy and a boutique clothing designer/manufacturer/monogrammer is truly the best of both worlds!! I have big dreams for the future of my family and the future of SheShe Made. Thanks for joining me as I blog about the journey. Let me know if there is a bow or outfit you'd like custom made for you! Email me at sheshebows@yahoo.com and thanks for stopping by!




Photobucket

Designed By:

Visitors

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved