Home SheShe Made Site Custom Orders Fonts Model Monday Our Work SheShe Made on Facebook

Friday, October 16, 2009

Show Us Your Life

So, I'm doing a special "Show Us Your Life" post from over at Kelly's Korner. And I thought it would be fun to share some of what the "behind the scenes" looks like.

I work from about 1:00 to 3:00 during four days a week (nap times), and then again from 7:00-2:00(yes that is evening to early morning, folks). My hubby takes over duty two nights out of the work week so that I can get an early start. When orders are high, I work the 7-2 shift 5 days a week, and sometimes I'll do an entire Sunday work day.
This job, I have to say, is very addicting! I LOVE IT! I get so excited to do orders and it is a rush with each and every new one that comes my way!! Some nights I have to MAKE myself stay away from the sewing room/office so that I won't get lured in! I am being so serious, too!
Ok, so on to pictures...

This is a picture of THE MACHINE! This is a babylock and I just LOVE IT! No threading the needle, easy bobbin threading...it's just a very nice sewing machine/embroidery machine in general. I highly recommend it! Thje hubs bought it for me for my birthday and what a gift it turned out to be!! :)

These are just half of my font choices! I so badly need to add the others so that I can get it onto my website. BUT THAT TAKES A LOT OF EXTRA TIME that I don't have with the Holidays upon us. Soon!

The supply closet that is OVERLY STUFFED to the gills! The green box is my bow stash. These are the bows that I sell on Etsy and on the Website that are premade. I also take them with me to my booth sells. It is entirely depleated at the moment and needs to be re-upped. Soon!

This is the floor o' orders. The stacks are mostly completed or completed orders, along with some stack of Christmas fabric and Thanksgiving "turkey feather" fabric.
I need a little better organizational method for all of that, but for now, it works for me and I know what each stack is...until some little tot comes strolling in and decides she wants to use fabric as a "bankee".

The "work station" as hubby calls it! This is where I do my cutting, my stabilizing, my glueing, and my ironing.

This is another work in progress. This is a third of my ribbon that I use for bows and for embellishments on clothing. I just put this rack up the other day and have sooo many more spools to add to the collection.

The machine at work! It makes it look as if I just sit back, sip on some hot tea, and just watch it do it's magic. HAHAHA! I wish it were that simple. There is a multi step process to this, but for the most part...it is very much an amazing little diddy!
I want to give this here machine a name, since we are growing very fond of eachother. Any suggestions??? I thought of Bertha but that just doesn't have a nice ring to it.
Happy Friday to you all and check back soon for our Thanksgiving AND Christmas Lines!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment



SheShe Made




My photo
Ft. Worth, Texas
After having my girly girl in April of 08, and spending oodles of money on one of a kind boutique, monogrammed clothing (with hairbows to match), I decided it was time to learn this trade myself before I went broke! I learned how to sew, embroider, and make hairbows in a matter of 3 months. What started as a hobby has turned into a dream come true. I quit my job as a teacher and now work from home when the little one sleeps. My life as a mommy and a boutique clothing designer/manufacturer/monogrammer is truly the best of both worlds!! I have big dreams for the future of my family and the future of SheShe Made. Thanks for joining me as I blog about the journey. Let me know if there is a bow or outfit you'd like custom made for you! Email me at sheshebows@yahoo.com and thanks for stopping by!




Photobucket

Designed By:

Visitors

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved